Translate

вторник, 17 май 2016 г.

Frusciante ( 12 )


i will just paste what is in the description of this video, because someone made the effort to gather the information before  me 

" Published on 2 Feb 2015
This video shows you why I think John Frusciante is the best musician alive. His albums are great and versatile, not to mention the RHCP stuff...


00:00 CARVEL (Shadows Collide With People) – rich produced pop-rock. "I was sick and tired of people dismissing my records as being fucked-up and unprofessional." JF about the album

04:13 THE AFTERGLOW (A Sphere in The Heart Of Silence) with Josh Klinghoffer - "It's electronic music, but much more raw, with all the out-of-control qualities that I've been building toward with my style of playing and recording - but we used electronic instruments.“ (not only electronic instruments) JF about the album

09:33 WHAT I SAW (Inside Of Emptiness) - "It's really powerful, but in a gentle way. There's a soothing quality. It has hard things on it, and even the soft things have a heaviness to them.There's a lot of spontaneity and recklessness and not giving a fuck." JF about the album

13:33 IN MY LIGHT (Letur Lefr) - The EP features Frusciante singing, playing all the instruments and engineering, as well as his wife performing backing vocals and a "few friends on vocals, mostly MC'ing". "I consider my music to be Progressive Synth Pop, which says nothing about what it sounds like, but does describe my basic approach. I combine aspects of many styles of music and create my own musical forms by way of electronic instruments.“ JF about the EP

17:20 RAMPARTS (To Record Only Water For Ten Days) – Multi-guitar instrumental. The album explores elements of electronica, synthpop and new wave. Frusciante's main influences for this album were 1980s synthpop, post-punk and electronica bands that did their own programming, including bands such as Depeche Mode and New Order.

18:33 THE PAST RECEDES (Curtains) – acoustic ballad. "It was just me sitting on a pillow, on my living room floor, with my back leaning against the couch. Carla from the band Autolux plays drums. I loved having a feminine energy. My friend Omar Rodriguez-Lopez of the Mars Volta played some guitar. He and I do these solos together where we're using the same amp at the same time." JF about the album

22:25 FM (Letur Lefr) – rap song with Frusciante's music and rapper friends. The EP features Frusciante singing, playing all the instruments and engineering, as well as his wife performing backing vocals and a "few friends on vocals, mostly MC'ing". "I consider my music to be Progressive Synth Pop, which says nothing about what it sounds like, but does describe my basic approach. I combine aspects of many styles of music and create my own musical forms by way of electronic instruments.“ JF about the EP

26:07 UPRANE (PBX Funicular Intaglio Zone) – pop/abstract/electronic music. „The tracks on Letur-Lefr are from 2010 and PBX was made in 2011. Letur is a compilation, a selected portion of music I made that year while PBX was conceived as an album, the songs having been recorded in succession. The records are very different from each other." JF about the album

31:03 INVISIBLE MOVEMENT (To Record Only Water For Ten Days) - explores elements of electronica, synthpop and new wave. The lyrics express this theme and deal mostly with philosophical and spiritual matters as well as delving into his usual brand of psychedelia-tinged personalism.

33:24 LEAP YOUR BAR (Curtains) – piano ballad. "It was just me sitting on a pillow, on my living room floor, with my back leaning against the couch. Carla from the band Autolux plays drums. I loved having a feminine energy. My friend Omar Rodriguez-Lopez of the Mars Volta played some guitar. He and I do these solos together where we're using the same amp at the same time." JF about the album

36:01 DARK LIGHT (The Empyrean) – a two-part atmospheric song. „I just wanted to make an album you could listen in a dark room and trip out to.“ JF about the album

44:31 FOREVER AWAY (Brown Bunny OST) – acoustic guitar ballad with beautiful guitar and vocal parts""

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар